My approach to teaching drumset lessons for every individual student includes a complete program to develop the many skills the complete drummer must have.
Students learn on drumset:
1. Four-way coordination (how all four limbs work together)
2. Many music styles: rock – pop – funk – hip hop – jazz and various Latin styles (emphasis is placed on student’s favorite styles)
3. Various techniques of movement around the drums for fills and solos
4. The styles and techniques of many legendary drummers through recordings and drumset transcriptions
Students learn on snare drum:
1. Hand technique (from basic to advanced)
2. Sight reading skills
3. Etude books (from entry level to advanced)
4. Rhythm and meter concepts
All of these areas of study are essential for developing a complete drumset player that can excel in the music style(s) that he or she loves to play!
One other really important thing – you have to have FUN learning to play the drumset!!
This Month's "Mini" Drumset Lesson
Here is the first of many free “mini” drumset lessons that Rob offers on a variety of topics for beginners to intermediate to advanced players. In this lesson, Rob talks about and demonstrates the concept of motions as applied to moving around the drumset.
About Dr. Rob Brosh
Rob’s private teaching career spans 43 years making him one of the most experienced drumset teachers in the South Jersey and Philadelphia areas!
Rob’s wealth of teaching knowledge comes from the incredible “Who’s Who’s” of world class drumset teacher/performers Rob has studied with including; Adam Nussbaum, Gary Chaffee, Alan Dawson, and many more. For beginning students to the most accomplished and advanced students, Rob teaches many of the concepts and methods of the above mentioned drumming greats!
Rob has been a college music history and drumset faculty professor at a number of colleges and universities for the past 30 years including: Rowan University, Temple University, The New School (in New York), The University of the Arts, and more.
Rob plays drumset in many musical styles and has worked the showrooms in Atlantic City for numerous musical acts and leads: The Loose Cannon Band and The Live Wire Band throughout the South Jersey/Philadelphia/New York areas. Rob also performs with the Jimi Hendrix tribute band called Hendrix Resurrection and the 27 Club and The Matt Adams Band.
For more click the about button below.
How to Signup or Schedule a Drum Lesson
You can contact Rob directly to schedule drumset lessons or percussion lessons at
(856) 912-1296 or click the contact button below to send Rob a message or ask a question.
Nathan - Drum Student
Here's what students are saying abouut studying with Rob!